Do you want to sponsor a relative to come and live in this country?
Immigration Entry Clearance - Property Inspections
We offer property inspections to support immigration applications within St Albans. There is a charge for this service, which needs to be paid before an inspection is undertaken. The current fee for this service is £110.
The fee must be paid in advance and can be paid by cash card or cheque. When you pay your fee you should quote the address of the property to be inspected and code 2040 803 276.
After you have paid the fee you should contact the Private Sector Housing Office on 01727 819447
We inspect properties on request to ensure they are suitable, safe and will not become overcrowded with additional residents.
You will need to show us around the property outlining who lives in the house and which rooms each person sleeps in.
We also need to know the name, age, sex and family relationship of all the intended occupants. We will check this information against the electoral roll and our council tax records.
We will also need information about your right to occupy the property.
- If you are a tenant we will need a copy of your tenancy agreement and your current gas safety certificate if the propert has gas
- If you are an owner we will verify this with the land registry
- If you are living with your parents or a sibling we will need a letter from the owner giving permission for you and the person you are sponsoring to live at the property.
We may ask further questions and require additional documentation if we are unclear about anything we have seen or been told.
What happens next
Following our investigations a letter will be sent to the inspected address usually within 28 days of our visit stating the following:
- Your name and the names of those seeking entry into the UK
- The date of birth of those intending to occupy the property
- The address of the inspected property
- The type of property and how it is occupied and by whom
- Whether the property contained any hazards at the time of our inspection
- Whether the property would be overcrowded by the addition of someone seeking entry to the UK
- Our contact details for further information
However, we will not supply letters unless we have inspected a property and the fee has been paid.
Date of last review: 01 September 2016
For more information, please contact the Private Sector Housing at:
Civic Centre, St Peters Street, St Albans, AL1 3JE