The Town Hall hosts a variety of public events and private hires - from our regular arts and crafts markets to weddings, comedy nights, parties and conferences.
Please see below for listings of upcoming public events. If you are interested in hiring the Town Hall for a public or private event, please see our hirers page.
Choice Books Bookfair
A wide range of books at great prices. Held in the Foyer.
- Saturday 3rd October and Sunday 4th October 2015 - 9.30am to 4.30pm
Pots In The Dock - Exhibition and Sale of Ceramics
An exhibition and sale by the Dacorum & Chiltern Potter's Guild of ceramics, in the Old Courtroom of the St Albans Old Town Hall. Plus meet the Potters on Saturday 3rd October, 10.30 - 12.30. Free entry.
- Saturday 3rd October to Sunday 11th October 2015 -
10.00 - 16.30 every day
Valuation Days - J P Humbert Auctioneers
Free valuations on jewellery, silver, gold, paintings, clocks, objet d'art, antiques, etc. Held in the Foyer.
Entries for auction welcome. Donations to local charity.
- Wednesday 7th October 2015 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Wednesday 4th November 2015 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Wednesday 2nd December 2015 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
Viscount Textiles are holding a fabric and textiles sale. Held in the Foyer.
- Wednesday 21st October 2015 - 10.00am to 4.30pm
Furneux Antique Maps
Furneux Antique maps return to the Old Town Hall, offering local, regional and national antique maps for sale. Held in the Foyer.
- Saturday 24th October 2015 - 9.00am to 4.00pm
Book Sale in support of Town Hall New Museum and Gallery Project
Held in the Assembly Room of the Town Hall, St Albans and Hertfordshire Architectural and Archaeological Society and the Civic Society are organising a book sale to raise funds for the new Museum and gallery.
A wide range of books will be available including specialist local history books, first editions and authors' signed copies.
All profits will go to support the New Museum and Gallery.
- Saturday 24th October 2015 - 9.30am to 4.00pm
Valuation and Auctions - J P Humbert Auctioneers
In addition to their regular valuation days, J P Humbert Auctioneers are also running auctions at the Assembly Rooms in St Albans Old Town Hall.
- Wednesday 28th October 2015 - 6pm, viewing from 2pm - content of auction to be confirmed at a later date.
- Wednesday 25th November 2015 - 6pm, viewing from 2pm - content of auction to be confirmed at a later date.
Aurra Aurra Jewellery Sale
In the Old Town Hall foyer, offering a unique collection of necklaces, bracelets, silver and pearls from Bali and beyond.
- Saturday 31st October and Sunday 1st November 2015 - 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Saturday 21st November and Sunday 22nd November 2015 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday 11th, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th December 2015 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Bricktraders buy, sell and trade pre-loved Lego® bricks, sets and figures. Held in Town Hall Foyer.
- Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th November 2015 - 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th November 2015 - 10.00am to 5.00pm
Interested in holding an event at the Town Hall?
See our hirers page for more information about the building.
Date of last review: 28 August 2015
Find us on Facebook: