The Town Hall hosts a variety of public events and private hires - from our regular arts and crafts markets to weddings, comedy nights, parties and conferences.
Please see below for listings of upcoming public events. If you are interested in hiring the Town Hall for a public or private event, please see our hirers page.
Valuation Days - J P Humbert Auctioneers
Free valuations on jewellery, silver, gold, paintings, clocks, objet d'art, antiques, etc. in the Town Hall foyer
Entries for auction welcome. Donations to local charity.
- Wednesday 3rd June 2015 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Wednesday 1st July 2015 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Wednesday 2nd September 2015 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Wednesday 7th October 2015 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Wednesday 4th November 2015 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Wednesday 2nd December 2015 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
Choice Books Bookfair
A wide range of books at great prices.
- Sunday 28th June 2015 - 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Friday 10th July and Saturday 11th July 2015 - 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Sunday 19th July 2015 - 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Friday 28th, Saturday 29th, Sunday 30th and Monday 31st August 2015 - 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Saturday 26th September and Sunday 27th September - 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Saturday 3rd October and Sunday 4th October 2015 - 9.30am to 4.30pm
Furneux Antique Maps
Furneux Antique maps return to the Old Town Hall, offering local, regional and national antique maps for sale.
- Saturday 4th July 2015 - 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Saturday 22nd August 2015 - 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Saturday 24th October 2015 - 9.00am to 4.00pm
St Albans Arts Society Summer Art Exhibition
St Albans Arts Society annual summer art exhibition, held in the Assembly Room.
Wednesday 22nd July 2015 - Sunday 26th July 2015 - 10.00am to 6.00pm, closes 1.00pm on Sunday 26th July
Laithwaite's Wine Tasting
Join us in the elegant Assembly Room in St Albans' Town Hall for a fun and enjoyable evening, tasting our latest selection of over 30 different wines, including customer favourites and new discoveries from all around the world.
Enjoy unlimited sampling from a professional tasting glass you're welcome to keep. Taste the classics alongside the more unusual styles that we love to champion ... and also meet the winemakers and personalities behind the wines. The Laithwaite's Wine team will be there to pour and answer any questions you may have so no wine knowledge is required. You'll get a 10% saving on any wines you buy at the show-and all orders over 6 bottles we will deliver them for FREE!
Tickets for this tasting sold out last year - so for your chance to try over 30 wines for just £25 a person please book early at www.laithwaites.co.uk/product/St-Albans-Wine-Tasting/95061?salesCode=S9506101
- Thursday 30th July 2015 - 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Aurra Aurra Jewellery Sale
In the Old Town Hall foyer, offering a unique collection of necklaces, bracelets, silver and pearls from Bali and beyond.
- Saturday 8th August and Sunday 9th August 2015 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday 19th September and Sunday 20th September 2015 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday 10th October and Sunday 11th October 2015 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday 21st November and Sunday 22nd November 2015 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday 11th, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th December 2015 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Interested in holding an event at the Town Hall?
See our hirers page for more information about the building.
Date of last review: 30 March 2015
Find us on Facebook: