Permit applications and controlled parking

Printer-friendly page

In this section

Controlled Zone sign for TROs Permit Costs and Zones

Location, charges, zones and eligibility

Residents permit Residents parking permits

If you live in a controlled zone you will need a permit to park near your residence.

visitor Residents' visitor parking

Whether or not a resident owns a car, permits for visitors can be obtained.

business permits Business permits

These are primarily intended for businesses who need their vehicles for operational business purposes and where the businesses are located in the controlled resident permit streets.

works permits Works permits (for tradespeople)

Where residents or businesses employ contractors or tradespeople to carry out work at their home or business and there are no off-street parking facilities available, the contractor or tradesperson may need to park on the road during the controlled hours.

Suspension Sign Parking bay suspensions

The use of parking bays or bays may be suspended at the discretion of the Council during building or roadworks or for special events which are likely to last several days or more.

disabled sign Disabled Parking

Information on Disabled Parking, Where to park and how, Disabled Bay Applications,

Motorcycle Motorcycle parking bays

Street where located, zone and number of bays

double and single yellow lines Parking Consultations and Traffic Regulation Orders

Information including consultations on new and proposed traffic regulation orders. Sealed Traffic Orders

Senior Citizen Permits Senior Citizen Permit

Permits for Senior Citizens aged 65 and over for use within St Albans City and District Council Car Parks