In this section

licensing Licensing and registration

Information on licensing and registration

calculating council tax Business rates

People who occupy non-domestic properties such as shops, factories, offices and warehouses are charged Business Rates, otherwise known as National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR).

Supply Hertfordshire Supplying the Council

How to tender for Council services.

nuggets with rating sign Food safety

Information on food safety and find out about hygiene of restaurants, takeaways or food shops you visit. New allergen information

property Property and Land (council owned)

Information on council owned land and property, how to access the land charges service and how to buy or let council property

healthandsafety Health and safety

Health and safety in approximately 3,000 premises; include offices, shops, warehouses, consumer services and entertainment venues.

inspecting property Planning

The Planning Department is responsible for controlling the use and development of land for homes and buildings in a sustainable way.

Architectsandlocalagents Building Control

Information on Building Regulation approval, when it is required and how it differs from planning permission

fire Business continuity

Help in planning for emergency situations

Roundabout Sponsorship of events, roundabouts, city entrance signs and flower beds

We operate a sponsorship scheme for a number of roundabouts, City Entrance Ssigns and flower beds within the district in addition to our 3 year events programme.