If you wish to report criminal activity, including public order or anti social behaviour issues, then it is advisable to contact the police. (101 is the number to use for non emergencies).
Noise complaints from licensed premises can also be dealt with by the out of hours compliance officers.
Call the 24 hour call centre on: 01727 811155.

The out of hours compliance officers are specialist officers for Licensing and Environmental Health. They are on duty: Friday 18.00-03.00 & Saturday 18.00-03.00.
During office hours please call: 01727 819406.

If you wish to make a complaint about a licensed premises (for example, a pub, club, restaurant or off licence), or a premises which is providing licensable activities without a licence, please contact us.
We have out of hours compliance officers working at the weekend so it is always worth calling our
Licensing Hotline: 0777 0701 720.
If you cannot talk to an officer immediately you can leave a message on the voicemail and this will be dealt with as soon as possible.


As the Licensing Authority, we can take enforcement action against premises that operate outside the terms of their licence.. For example, premises may be selling alcohol later than they should, playing music when they are not permitted to do so or not adhering to a condition attached to the licence.  We can also take enforcement action against a premises carrying out licensable activities, e.g. selling alcohol, without authority from us to do so.   When you report a concern about the premises to us, you will be asked to provide:

  • your contact details -name, contact number, address/email address

  • a description of the nature of the problem, including details of dates and times when the problem has occurred

This information will be passed, to our Licensing Enforcement Officers to investigate.  They may contact you if they require any additional information about your concerns.

It is important that we have your details when we take on a complaint in case we need to obtain further information.  We can assure you that your details will be kept confidential and only shared with a Responsible Authority for the purposes of investigating the matter, e.g. the Police.  We will not disclose your contact details to the licensee without your consent.

Do you wish to comment on a current licensing application?

You can make a "representation" about a current licensing application during the consultation period.  

You can request a "review" of an existing licence if you consider that:

  • the premises are not complying with the terms (i.e. the hours and conditions) of their premises licence or club premises certificate, or 

  • the premises are not operating in a way that promotes the four licensing objectives.

In this section

Licence review applications

The Licensing Act provides a mechanism for interested parties, responsible authorities and club members to ask for a premises licence or club premises certificate to be reviewed.

Have your say about premises licensing applications

Have your say about premises licensing applications