Grounds Maintenance Contract
St Albans City and District Council provided grounds maintenance services across the City & District of St Albans via a private partnership contratc.
Managed by the Councils Parks and Tree team the current contract was awarded to John O'Conner (Grounds Maintenance) Ltd in 2014 for 10 years with an option to extent for upto 5 further years.
The contract covers grounds maintenance in 9 key areas within the City & District of St Albans:
- Parks and public open spaces, natural sites, sports facilities, events, children’s play areas, allotments.
- St Albans Cathedral grounds
- Housing areas
- Public car parks
- Assisted gardens maintenance
- Highway areas
- Harpenden Town Council areas
- Sandridge Parish Council areas
John O'Conner Ltd employ a dedicated St Albans contract management team which comprised of:
- Senior Contract Manager
- 2 Contract Supervisors
- Contract Administrator
- 45 Operatives