Skip to main content
Text size

Council tax

The Council Tax you pay funds services provided by us, Hertfordshire County Council and Hertfordshire Police. If you live in an area with a parish or town council, some of the Council Tax also goes to them. 

Council Tax and COVID-19: 

If your income has been affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic you are advised to claim Council Tax Support and to make enquiries with the DWP as to what other help you may be entitled to.

Residents may be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance and Universal Credit.

To apply for Council Tax Support, see Difficulty Paying. In the meantime if you are worried about payments being debited from your account that you cannot afford, you might want to consider contacting your bank to cancel your direct debit instruction.

The Government is announcing new measures to help individuals every day and we will publish information about what other help is available on our website

Council tax news

Do you need to report an issue or apply for a service?

All our online services are accessed through your MyStalbansAccount