Skip to main content
Text size

Register and manage your Council Tax online

You can manage your Council Tax online using your MyStAlbans account. It is quick and easy to use, and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You can use this service to:

  • Tell us you have moved
  • Pay your council tax by Direct Debit
  • Apply for, or cancel, a Single Person Discount
  • Register to receive future council tax bills by email (ebilling). Registering to receive your bills electronically is better for the environment and helps us reduce administration costs such as printing and postage.  
  • Check the balance of your account and see what payments you have made
  • See what discounts, exemptions or council tax reduction you have been awarded
  • Download copies of bills you have been sent
  • If you report a change online, you may be able to see your new council tax balance immediately

How to view your Council Tax account online and use the online forms

If you have not already done so, your will need to sign up for a MyStAlbans account by clicking the link below.


For help in creating a MyStalbans account, visit

New Residents

  • If you are new to the district or have not previously registered for Council Tax, you can register online by logging into your MyStAlbans account.
  • You will then need to select the option 'Manage My Council Tax'.
  • Under the heading 'Tell us you are renting, moved home, sold or purchased a property' you will then need to choose 'Option 1: Register a property for Council Tax in your name'

Existing Residents

  • If you already pay Council Tax in the district to use our online services you will need to link your Council Tax account to your MyStAlbans account.
  • To do this you will need your Council Tax account number. If you do not know your Council Tax number you can find it on your most recent bill or log into your MyStAlbans account and select the option 'Find My Council Tax Account number'.
  • Once you have your account number you will then need to log into your My St Albans account and go to the 'Manage your Council Tax online' section. You will then see an option in the top right of the page inviting you to link the two together.

Landlord / Agents

If you are a landlord / agent you can also use our online services to tell us about tenancy changes. To do this please click the button below and select the option at the bottom of the page 'View Landlord or Agent Services'.

Landlord / Agent