Covid ‘Additional Restrictions Grant’ - round 2 applications process now open
Since the start of the pandemic, St Albans City and District Council has distributed more than £50m in non-repayable business support grants.
A new round of discretionary funding has just been announced and eligible businesses can make an application at https://www.stalbans.gov.uk/business-and-licensing.
The latest scheme, which involves the allocation of approximately £1,000,000 of non-repayable discretionary grant funding, is open to applications from the following types of local businesses:
- Travel agents / tour operators;
- Hotels and visitor accommodation;
- Kennels / catteries;
- Indoor hospitality / leisure (for example nightclubs, theatres, cinemas, venues, soft play areas);
- English language schools;
- Flexible workspaces and similar;
- Wedding and event industries and suppliers to these sectors;
- Freelance and mobile businesses concerned with wedding and hospitality events;
- Restaurants and pubs (especially those unable to open during the period from the 12 April to 16 May, and those impacted by current restrictions on capacity).
As in previous rounds of discretionary funding, grants are based on rateable value and fixed property related costs, such as rent and utility bills. Home-based businesses that have not received other COVID19 related funding can also apply. Deductions may be made where a business has received other grants or funding (e.g., Restart Grant, Cultural Recovery Funding).
With a limited sum of money available, the grants window will remain open until the money has been distributed, and then closed.
Cllr Mandy McNeil, Vice Chair of the Council’s Regeneration and Business Committee and Lead Council for a number of business-related services said:
This latest money – the Additional Restrictions Grant (round 2) – is available to cover a specific period of restriction and business types, primarily those which were not able to open fully or at all over the past few months.
I urge businesses in the sectors covered to put in their applications as soon as possible. There is a limited sum available and when that has been awarded the applications process will be closed.
Councillor contact: Cllr Mandy McNeil, Vice Chair of the Regeneration and Business Committee and Lead Councillor for a number of business-related services: email@example.com, 07584 198999.
Media contact: Claire Wainwright, Policy and Communications Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01727 819572.