Skip to main content
Text size

Street Party

To have a street party or an event on the highway, you will need to contact Herts County Council to apply for a Temporary Traffic Regulation to close the road.

Herts County Council do not charge communities to close residential roads in Hertfordshire for street parties, providing the closure does not affect bus routes. Applications must be received a minimum of 6 weeks before to your event. Please make sure you read the Street Party Conditions carefully before applying for an order.

Useful guidance and advice on hosting a street party is also available at Our Street Party, which is run by St Albans District-based volunteers who can provide District-specific advice, support residents with filling in the correct forms and lend Road Closed signage.