Parking for people with disabilities (blue badge parking)
Apply for a disabled parking space
If you are blue badge holder experiencing problems parking near your house, you may be entitled to have a marked disabled parking space. Bays are not provided for the exclusive use of the applicant - any blue badge holder can park in the bay if it is free.
Criteria for a disabled parking space Toggle accordion
All applications are considered on an individual basis against the following criteria:
- The vehicles on the application are registered at the address of the blue badge holder
- The location is suitable on road safety and traffic flow grounds
- No off-street parking is available at the property including a garage, driveway or other off-street parking within 50 metres of the property
What you will need to apply Toggle accordion
- Proof that you’re the registered owner or keeper – vehicle registration certificate V5C (or hiring or leasing agreement) – vehicles must be registered at the address of the application for a disabled parking bay
- Proof that the blue holder (and nominated carer or driver) permanently live at the address – we will check the council tax register
- Blue badge - copy of both sides
- Payment by debit or credit card
Apply for a disabled parking bay Toggle accordion
To apply for a disabled parking bay please download and complete the application form below. You can upload the completed application using the contact us button below.
Apply for a disability permit (blue badge)
The blue badge scheme is for drivers or passengers with severe mobility problems. It aims to provide greater access to parking spaces. To apply for or renew a Blue Badge or for further information visit Hertfordshire County Council’s website.
Apply for a free disabled resident parking permit
Blue badge holders can get a free resident parking permit, if you live in a controlled parking zone and your address qualifies. If there is a second car in the household it is charged at the second car rate. To apply, please use the contact us button below.
Where you can park if you have a blue badge?
Council Owned Car Parks
Blue badge holders can park free of charge, for the first three hours, in all our off-street car parks. All have some space for blue badge holders. If a marked disabled parking bay is not available, you may still use your blue badge in a regular parking bay in the same way.
On Street Parking Bays
You can park without time limit in the following parking bays if you are a blue badge holder:
- Residents and permit parking bays
- Shared use parking bays - this is where a bay is marked up for residents and pay and display parking or limited free parking
- Free limited waiting parking bays
- On-street pay and display
Electric charging points
The current electric vehicle (EV) charging network can be seen on zapmap.
EV charging at home or work
Want to charge a vehicle at home? Are you an employer who would like to provide charging facilities for your staff?
The Government offers grants for installing home charging points and grants for installing workplace charging points.
Express Interest in a local charging point
Would you like to purchase an electric vehicle, or have one already, but don't have any chargers near you? Please register your interest for a local charging point using the contact form below.
Before completing this form you will be asked to tick to confirm that you have read, understand and agree to the our privacy notice.