Roads, Pavements and Streets
Information to help you report problems on the district’s roads and pavements.
We are responsible for replacing missing or damaged street name plates and for the cleanliness of the district’s streets and pathways.
Hertfordshire County Council maintains the district’s roads, pavements and streetlights. This includes:
- cutting grass on street verges
- trimming of public hedges
- weed control on road paths and gulleys
- lowering greenery to ensure a clear line of sight at junctions
- maintaining bus stops and shelters
- salting paths and roads
- cutting back overgrown trees
- mending potholes
- repairing streetlights and traffic signals
To report a problem to Hertfordshire County Council
To report an abandoned or nuisance vehicles