Manage your Council tax online
St Albans City and District Council have introduced a new service to allow residents and landlords to manage their Council Tax Accounts online.
You can use this service to:
- Tell us that you have moved.
- Pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit.
- Apply for or cancel a Single Person Discount.
- Register to receive future Council Tax Bills electronically.
- Check the Balance of your account and see what payments you have made.
- See what discounts, exemptions or Council Tax Reduction you have been awarded.
- Download copies of bills you have been sent.
This service is quick and easy to use, and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you report a change online, you may be able to see your new Council Tax balance immediately. Sending bills electronically rather than in the post is better for the environment and it will help the Council to reduce the costs of administering Council Tax.
To sign up you will need your Council Tax Account number (if you already have one) and an e-mail address. If you do not know your Council Tax number you can find it on your most recent bill, or you can find it online here by answering a few security questions.
If you are a resident and want to use this service you will need a MyStAlbans account. Please click the button below create an account or sign in if you already have done so. If you are a landlord / agent you can use this service to tell us about tenancy changes. Please click the landlord / agents button below.