Manage your council tax online
St Albans City and District Council have introduced a service to allow residents and landlords to manage their council tax accounts online. It is quick and easy to use, and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can use this service to:
- tell us you have moved
- pay your council tax by Direct Debit
- apply for, or cancel, a Single Person Discount
- register to receive future council tax bills by email (ebilling)
- check the balance of your account and see what payments you have made
- see what discounts, exemptions or council tax reduction you have been awarded
- download copies of bills you have been sent
- if you report a change online, you may be able to see your new council tax balance immediately
Choosing ebilling, to receive your bill by email, is better for the environment and it will help the Council to reduce the costs of administering council tax.
How to view your council tax account online and use the online forms
Before you can view your bill online, or use the online forms, you will need to link your council tax account number to your My St Albans account.
You will need your council tax account number (if you already have one) and an email address. If you do not know your council tax number you can find it on your most recent bill, or click the button below to find it, by answering a few security questions.
Once you have your account number, you need to log into, or sign up for, a My St Albans account and go to the 'Manage your council tax online' section. You will then see a link in the top right inviting you to link the two together.
Residents, please click the button below to create a My St Albans account, or to sign in if you already have an account.