Skip to main content
Text size

Lodger carers and additional household members

If you wish for anyone to move into your home, you must obtain our written permission first.

We will not unreasonably withhold permission as long as it will not make your home become statutorily overcrowded. In addition we must be satisfied that there is no reason to suppose this will cause any disturbance in the neighbourhood.

Please note that introductory tenants are not permitted to take in a lodger.

If you are in receipt of any benefits, you should inform the Housing Benefit Service and the DWP if you take in a lodger or allow anyone else to move in. This is because it may affect your benefit entitlement.

How can I apply?

Apply using your MyStAlbans account