Skip to main content
Text size

Rough sleeping

St Albans City and District Council is committed to ending Rough Sleeping. We work with our partners to help those sleeping rough get the support they need.

What can I do to help people sleeping on the streets?

If you are concerned about someone sleeping rough, you can make sure they are known to support services by reporting it on the Street Link website. They will contact the Rough Sleeping Outreach Team in St Albans, who will provide them with the help they need.

StreetLink banner

For more information, see our leaflet on what to do if you’re concerned about someone sleeping rough.

What help is there in the district for people sleeping on the streets?

There are a range of services in St Albans for those sleeping rough. St Albans City and District Council have a dedicated worker for those sleeping rough, who works alongside the Rough Sleeper Outreach Worker, based at the Open Door Night Shelter.

Other partners working in the district to support those sleeping rough include:

  • Hightown Open Door Services (With link to address below)

  • Open Door Charitable Trust

  • Centre 33

  • Emmaus Hertfordshire

This video explains more on the services of the Open Door Night Shelter.

I’m sleeping rough, how can the Council help?

Anyone who is homeless can make a homeless application to the Council. Go to our web page on homelessness for instructions on how to do this.

If you are sleeping rough in St Albans, there are a range of organisations that can provide you with support, alongside a homeless application. Information can be found in the leaflet below.